Thai House 2

by The Flossip on April 14, 2010

in Restaurants,Things to do in Florence, SC

I have to confess that until the other day I had not eaten at Thai House 2 (downtown at the corner of Cheves and Dargan.) I was hesitant to go without someone that knows Thai food, though now I realize that was silly.

First of all, it is fun to eat at Thai House 2. It has a nice atmosphere and the owners are very helpful. The menu has many selections and everything sounded good. You can also select how spicy you want your food– I went with mild. I tried my friend’s food that was “medium” and while it was good, it was too spicy for me. Second, everything I tasted was delicious. Third, it is very reasonably priced.

I was also told that their sushi is excellent, but I didn’t try any this trip.

I will be adding this to my list of restaurants I go to at least once a week or so, and will check out the sushi next time.

My selections:

Appetizer:

(It is hard to believe that this was once the Cornerstone Cafe!)

Thai House #2 and Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

1 MissyAnn April 14, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Great review. I like the photos, especially. Between this and the one at the PeeDeeFoodie.com, we need to go soon!

2 pluvlaw April 14, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Tilapia and Shrimp, hands down the best dish. But it’s a dinner entree, so it’s big. And man up…get everything HOT. Tell them you want beyond Thai Hot. If you can feel your face when you leave, you’re not getting it hot enough…

3 ZenLizzie April 14, 2010 at 1:13 pm

We just went there for the first time a few days ago, and it was so good! I’m a new-Thai eater, but I love the red curry Gaeng Daeng that I got there. (the medium spiciness was pretty hot) And the host/waiter was really friendly and nice.

4 Dawn April 14, 2010 at 12:20 pm

cocunut soup… veggie fried rice…. curry dishes.. spring rolls… all very good!!

5 Missy Davis Jones April 14, 2010 at 11:19 am

I’ve only had sushi there, not Thai, but it is really good. The location is great for downtown business and after-arts event socializing.
Also, the folks who run it are wonderful. :) :)

6 Amy April 14, 2010 at 10:07 am

Oh, my husband eats here two or three times a week. He’s “da man”. (Heh.)

7 Karen Allen April 14, 2010 at 9:07 am

That should have said my addiction.

8 Karen Allen April 14, 2010 at 9:06 am

Without questions THE BEST Thai in the Pee Dee. Thai is my addition so we go to any we can find when traveling but in Florence this is the only restaurant to visit if you want authentic, fresh Thai cuisine. The sushi is delicious also. If I had to give this restaurant stars it would be a 10+ :)

9 AmyLauren April 14, 2010 at 8:22 am

I love the Thai House!! I’ve only been a few times but it’s always been a really great experience. My fiance used to go a lot when he worked at his last job, it’s just hard for me to get to that side of town and back on a lunch break or I’d go more often. I love the curries and I like how they have so many options to choose from in spicyness and with meats and stuff. The menu is so large you could try something completely different each time you go :).