I am going to update this post as places open, places close and rumors bounce around and I will update when they become reality (if they become reality). By reality I don’t mean that your mama’s cousin works for the XYZ Company and they know for a FACT that it is a Buffalo Wild Wings. I mean, there is actually a sign on the door, wait staff is hired and I can go in and order a meal. Or buy something. Please comment about any rumors of new businesses you have heard or openings or closings. Don’t just comment about any rumors you have heard– this isn’t that type of website!
RUMORS AND PLANNED OPENINGS
- Chipotle at Magnolia Mall (outside)
- Academy Sports
- Cheddars Casual Cafe (Note they do not list Florence in their new location list, but they are on the retail site map)
- Southern Latitudes in the Old Prime Time Location
- California Dreamin
- Fuddruckers (I would actually love this, so easy with kids too.)
- Pita Pit
LOOKS OPEN 6/23!
- Bean Groovy is moving to the old Carolina Sandwich location on the corner of Coit and Palmetto
I HAVE HEARD THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN.
OPENINGS (These are openings since I started the page- most recent are listed at the top)
- Hotel Florence (So exciting!)
- “New” Victors (Fabulous!)
- Dolce Vita in Downtown Florence (Chocolate-Wine-Tasting Room)(They will also sell SweetLeigh’s cakes!)
- Long Grain Cafe (I approve! Had a great lunch there)
- Dollar General on Second Loop across from Rogers (Blah. Sorry this isn’t more exciting)
- DA Massimo is downtown
- Virginia college in the Old Circuit City
- The Grotto reopened with a twist! It is now a wine and cheese shop.
- Sweet Frog Yogurt Now with 2 locations in Florence
- Lizards Thicket
- Let them eat cake!– a cake store
- Clay Pot Coffee Shop(Love!)
- Struttin Turkey (Irby Street on the right out towards South Florence)
- Cook Out
- Lula’s Coffee Co
- Wholly smokin BBQ– opening in the old Roberto’s location
- Once Upon a Child (Already sold some clothes there and bought some for Flossip girl!)
- Woofers Reopened on Jody Road
- Mellow Mushroom– OPEN and yummy!
- Roberto’s Italian– Delicious!
- Sweet! (it is sweet!)
- Dunkin Donuts near Florence Mall
- Buffalo Wild Wings at the Old Pier One Location (love)
- Sundae House (Reopened– new owners)
- Jimmy Johns on Pamplico Highway
- Planet Fitness (pre-grand opening sale going on)
- George’s Funnel Cakes on Cashua
- 1720 Burger Bar (Positive reviews on my FB posting asking for intel!)
- Ozzie’s Alamangia
- Red Bowl Asian Bistro
- Rebel Pie– defy Ordinary Pizza (Timmonsville)
- Cottontails is closing 1/26.
- Old Europe (reopened on 2d Loop at old Cafe Florentine location)
- Is Chutney Closed? Rumor says its just being renovated.
- George’s Funnel Cakes
Pattycakes– old location and the new location are closed
- Dance Etc(2012)
- Robertos (closed for good according to their FB status 3/21/12.) (THIS IS NOW DA MASSIMO)
- Indian Buffet– New one opened on Palmetto Street near Irby.
- Smackin Daddies.
- Dr. Fishbones is closed
- Artie Macs has closed
- Books A Million (Wahhhhhh)
- Prime Time
- Artie Macs
- Travis Jewelers (Sniff)(2012)
- Shuckers (Now renamed to Cactus Jack Saloon)(2012)
- Hapi Balance
- Stuart Lawrence Salon
(I need your help to keep this post going! Comment away! I will put a permanent link in the sidebar.)