Rumors, Openings, and Closings in Florence, SC

by The Flossip on March 5, 2011

in Making Florence better,Openings/Closings/Rumors,Pee Dee Pride!,Places to Eat,Restaurants,Rumors

I am going to update this post as places open, places close and rumors bounce around and I will update when they become reality (if they become reality). By reality I don’t mean that your mama’s cousin works for the XYZ Company and they know for a FACT that it is a Buffalo Wild Wings. I mean, there is actually a sign on the door, wait staff is hired and I can go in and order a meal. Or buy something. Please comment about any rumors of new businesses you have heard or openings or closings. Don’t just comment about any rumors you have heard– this isn’t that type of website!

RUMORS AND PLANNED OPENINGS

• Chipotle at Magnolia Mall (outside)
    • LOOKS OPEN 6/23!

• Academy Sports
    • Cheddars Casual Cafe  (Note they do not list Florence in their new location list, but they are on the retail site map)
    • Southern Latitudes in the Old Prime Time Location
    • California Dreamin
    • Fuddruckers (I would actually love this, so easy with kids too.)
    • Pita Pit
MOVING
      • Bean Groovy is moving to the old Carolina Sandwich location on the corner of Coit and Palmetto
      • I HAVE HEARD THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN.

OPENINGS (These are openings since I started the page- most recent are listed at the top)

• Hotel Florence  (So exciting!)
        • “New” Victors (Fabulous!)
        • Dolce Vita in Downtown Florence (Chocolate-Wine-Tasting Room)(They will also sell SweetLeigh’s cakes!)
        • Long Grain Cafe (I approve!  Had a great lunch there)
        • Dollar General on Second Loop across from Rogers (Blah.  Sorry this isn’t more exciting)
        • DA Massimo is downtown
        • Virginia college in the Old Circuit City
        • The Grotto reopened with a twist! It is now a wine and cheese shop.
        • Sweet Frog Yogurt Now with 2 locations in Florence
        • Lizards Thicket
        • Let them eat cake!– a cake store
        • Clay Pot Coffee Shop(Love!)
        • Struttin Turkey (Irby Street on the right out towards South Florence)

CLOSINGS

• Cottontails is closing 1/26.
      • Old Europe (reopened on 2d Loop at old Cafe Florentine location)
      • Is Chutney Closed?  Rumor says its just being renovated.
      • George’s Funnel Cakes
      • Pattycakes– old location and the new location are closed
      • Dance Etc(2012)
      • Robertos (closed for good according to their FB status 3/21/12.) (THIS IS NOW DA MASSIMO)
      • Indian Buffet– New one opened on Palmetto Street near Irby.
      • FatBoys
      • Handpicked
      • Fazolis
      • Smackin Daddies.
      • Dr. Fishbones is closed
      • Artie Macs has closed
      • Books  A Million (Wahhhhhh)
      • Prime Time
      • Artie Macs
      • Travis Jewelers (Sniff)(2012)
      • Shuckers (Now renamed to Cactus Jack Saloon)(2012)
      • Hapi Balance
      • Stuart Lawrence Salon

(I need your help to keep this post going! Comment away! I will put a permanent link in the sidebar.)

{ 1104 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jon July 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Heard in Walmart yesterday about the Walmart Market going there..haven’t heard of a Public tgough

2 Tim July 23, 2014 at 3:21 pm

@Jon, are we certain of that? I had also heard about a Publix in the same location.

3 Jon July 23, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Walmart Market and Pharmacy…see two posts down..going where Ruby’s was

4 Tim July 23, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Land near Ms. Ruby’s place, corner of Cashua and Second Loop, being cleared as we speak. Lots of activities there. Anyone know what, if anything, is going on there?

5 real pee dee news July 22, 2014 at 10:58 am

we sure could use another fine dining establishment…especially for a town the size of florence…victors is nice but gets pretty loud at times. any thoughts?

6 Michael E. July 20, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I heard today that Walmart Market Grocery & Pharmacy is going to built on the corner of Second Loop & S.Cashua in front of the CVS!!

7 Tommy Crayton July 20, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Excellent!!!!!! Even more chains coming!!!!

8 Jon July 19, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Bojangles is hiring a manager for a new location on Indeed. Looks like the Bojangles is joining the Murphys Express where Percy and Willie’s sat.

9 Bryan July 19, 2014 at 11:44 am

Hwy 327 is really about to expand with restaurants and hotels since the exit has been reconfigured, I even imagine in the future you will see maybe a Grocery Store or other shops, homes and retails. Since that is the main thoroughfare for people to get to the beach and the businesses that are out there at Touchstone Commerce City.

10 Jon July 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm

A Subway is being built by the Waffle House on 327

11 Michael E. July 18, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Do anyone know what is being built between Zaxbys and The Waffle House on hwy 327?

12 Lou July 16, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Anyone know anything about the place located in the same shopping center as Pretty ‘n Bliss called Southern Cooking? That might not be the name; it could be a description of the place and the sign for the name hasn’t been installed yet.

13 Bryan Wilson July 16, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Underarmour is looking for a distribution center in the Southeast, Florence would make a great location. I sent an email to NESA and told them they may want to contact them and let them know about the Florence area.

14 Tim July 16, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Anyone know when the brewpub is scheduled to open downtown?

15 Jon July 16, 2014 at 12:53 pm

A 2nd Stafanos location is moving where Athens was

16 Tripp July 16, 2014 at 11:42 am

I’m surprised at Rue 21 looking to move INSIDE the mall. I guess whatever works for them. I stopped shopping their brands a long time ago. The clothes don’t hold up in the washer. Plato’s Closet is definitely a good fit and will save people from having to go to the beach to shop. Really don’t care for the gas station going up on the old Percy’s site. It’s a prime location that could easily go to something better.

A coworker was at the main Sweet location earlier this week and heard they are planning to try to move to their new location near Academy next month. According to the master plan for the Academy site, there are still several buildings that have not been constructed yet, including the one immediately adjacent to Academy Sports that will house Party City and a smaller suite next to it for another retailer. I’m wondering when those will come to fruition?

I noticed on Monday that there are stakes/survey markers in the ground on the lot that houses the Old Athens Restaurant. Does anyone know if it is going to be remodeled for something else or completely demolished?

17 Jon July 15, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Construction bids have been made for a”Platos Closet” at Commons at Magnolia, and a Rue 21 at Magnolia Mall. Also for Murphy Express at former Percy’s and Willies site.

18 Fran July 14, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Just got an email that Harvest Moon Soapworks is closing on July 31st. Gezz, just after they opened their new place on Evans Street. I’m going to be sad to see them close.

19 Fran July 8, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Saw on FB that Smoky Oaks Taproom is shooting for towards the end of August opening.

20 Bryan July 5, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Made a comment on the Publix Grocery Facebook regarding how there are opening all over even in smaller cites than Florence and the response I received ” We are going to be opening a new store in North Myrtle Beach, according to Google Maps is only a 25 mins commute” I was like really…really with this being their response I would not expect a Publix to come to Florence for a couple of years. They haven’t even done research on our location. I explained to them that they are opening up locations in cites that are smaller than Florence…we will see!

21 Tripp Carter June 27, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Sweet announced on their FB page yesterday that they are opening a second location in Florence at the new McLeod concourse. They’re currently looking for full-time and part-time employees. Below is the message posted on Facebook.

“Sweet
16 hours ago
**HIRING**

As some of you may know, we are opening up our second location in Florence in the new McLeod concourse in August. We are looking to hire part-time and full-time help! Please send us your resume to yum@sweetacupcakecompany.com or bring it by the shoppe!”

22 Jay June 27, 2014 at 11:28 am

I here the tire shop on Irby street is going to be a plumbing bussiness.

23 Tim June 27, 2014 at 11:15 am

JD, McAllisters is going into the old Blockbuster building.

24 JD June 26, 2014 at 9:38 pm

I saw the McAlister’s Deli sign right by Harris Teeter.

Is it going in at 5-points?

25 Tripp Carter June 26, 2014 at 11:56 am

Krispy Kreme on Irby Street will be closing this weekend. :’( http://www.scnow.com/news/business/article_e4681ac6-fd44-11e3-a7ed-001a4bcf6878.html

26 Tim June 25, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I see that the tire store on Irby, just up from the comic book shop, is sold. Anyone have any idea of what may go there?

27 Fran June 24, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I totally agree with the idea of a few more fine dining places. Competition is good and personally think Victors needs some…won’t go into why though. As for a B&B maybe downtown or close where people would have a 2nd choice of a place to stay, other than Hotel Florence, if going to the FMPAC or the FLT from out of town.

28 real pee dee news June 24, 2014 at 12:34 pm

florence needs 2-3 more fine dining options especially for its size. Victors is great but the only game in town right now. We need another fine italian restaurant to replace Massimos… And then maybe another similar to victors but with a different menu. Would a B&B with a restaurant do well in Downtown?

29 Fran June 23, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Spoiler Alert…any idea where on 52??? I would love to see them somewhere towards South Florence!

Evans isn’t bad, but closer would be better and probably more dangerous

30 Spoiler Alert June 23, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Dunkin Donuts location will be built on 52

31 Fran June 23, 2014 at 11:50 am

Saw in the paper yesterday and rode by…Old Cactus Jacks? on Irby is going to be Smoky Oak Taproom.
There is one in Charleston I believe and they have already started renovations. New rails on the outside decks, only thing I could see as I rode by. Hopefully they will be able to make it there.

32 JD June 22, 2014 at 12:17 am

Yeah Dave and Busters is a 0% chance.
I couldn’t even talk them into one in Greenville of all places.

About the Academy complex:
Sweet is in August.
Panera is still coming, but a bit later (contract negotiations had to be settled about direct competition).
Bonefish out.
Radio Shack out.
2 spaces available – Talking to J. Peters and a Mexican chain right now.
Party City may be out (still in limbo). Academy was only giving them a short term lease anyways, and will probably just expand their warehouse, especially since they are doing ridiculously well right now.

33 Bryan June 21, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Exactly Sean David,

I knew this was BS from the start, Columbia, Charleston and Greenville do not have Dave and Buster’s so I wish people will stop spreading rumors about that. Like Herman Cain once said….”It’s not gonna happen!” In other news I believe the new Food company opening up in Commerce City is just the beginning for the area out that way. The area is already receiving lots of traffic from beach traffic it’s just a matter of time before that area is exploding with residential commercial development.

34 Sean Dallas June 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I’m a recently retired CRE broker that moved to Florence a couple of months ago.

I dealt with Dave & Busters in my past life while working in the DC suburbs, and I have to call BS on that piece of news.

The chance Florence has in getting a Dave & Busters is about as much as an ice cube’s chance in hell. Dave & Busters will ONLY look at a city/metro area that has a population exceeding 1.5 million people.

Metro Florence (Florence and Darlington counties) barely exceeds 200,000 — meaning Dave & Busters wouldn’t waste their time.

There’s some logic in some of the other rumors, but Dave & Busters … never. This area is too small and wwwwaaaayyyy too poor to sustain a Dave and Busters. Heck, the chances of a Dave & Busters coming to South Carolina at all is very slim.

35 Fran June 20, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Good news! I posted on Panera Bread’s FB page that I had heard they were coming to Florence Crossing, local ads were being shown on TV but then nothing. This is their response…

” It looks like we’re still planning on opening in Florence, however we don’t have an opening date quite yet. Hopefully we’ll have new info to share soon! ”

I’m a happy camper

36 Jon June 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Conns is about to open beside Big Lots/ Percy and Willies has been completed torn down for the rumored gas station, and the only sign up by the new buildings by Academy is for Sweet Cupcake Company….wonder when Party City and the rest will start?

37 Fran June 19, 2014 at 4:31 pm

NW that is going to be a Walgreens. If your talking across Irby from the CVS.

Been quiet I guess cause not much happening right now

38 Tim June 19, 2014 at 8:45 am

NW, looks like it’s going to be a Walgreens or CVS pharmacy. As for the deadness of this forum, I guess people get busy during the summer.

39 NW June 18, 2014 at 10:45 pm

What’s up? Where did everyone go? So, this thread is dead now.? What’s being built on Irby where the car dealership was?

NW

40 NW June 18, 2014 at 10:44 pm

NW

41 real pee dee news June 18, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Heard HiWire will go into old FunDaygo building. Seems too small though. Will see.

42 Fran June 18, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Ken…I thought I heard that also but just posted on their fb page about it and was told…
“We have not announced a HiWire in Florence”

So, maybe they decided not to do it?

43 Ken June 18, 2014 at 8:18 am

Can we confirm that a HiWire Trampoline Park is coming to Florence? If so, where will it be?

44 mo bell June 10, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thanks JA it was Bullets. I wonder where is the closest location around here?

45 mo bell June 10, 2014 at 9:10 am

no it was not a big chain like that, so no it was not Krystal.

46 JA June 9, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I believe it was Bullits

47 Lou June 7, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Was it maybe Krystal Burger?

48 mo bell June 7, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Does anyone know what was the name of the burger place that was located inside the markette gas station at 6515 E Palmetto St, Florence, SC 29506 before Dunkin Doughnuts came there?? It was maybe around 2000-2003.

49 Jim June 5, 2014 at 1:12 pm

There is a Walgreens right down the road lol!

50 Bryan June 5, 2014 at 9:59 am

That is going to be a Walgreens

51 Lou June 4, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Thanks Jon! Clears that up. :) Got another one…..what’s going at the corner opposite CVS and Applebee’s on Irby Street?

52 Tim June 4, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Gotta change the mindset of Florence residents and the perception of non-Florentines about all that Florence and surrounding has to offer. Florence is “the crossroads of South Carolina” with I95 and I20. Don’t know why we can’t exploit that more. Should be great for moving your finished product to market.

53 Bryan June 4, 2014 at 11:30 am

More jobs to the area is very good news. I envision that the counties surrounding Florence County grow and prosper as well, in my opinion Marion county sits in a very enviable position in that it sits right beside Horry County. Just imagined if Florence was about 30 miles closer to the Beach how intense the growth between Florence and Myrtle Beach would be one day we probably will get there but alot more growth between the two cities need to occur. Once this occurs then you will see the growth between the two grow exponentially. Just imagine if there was a lake and golf course near the great Pee Dee where we could develop houses and shops around this lake and market it as being close to the beach but not at the beach. There are endless possibilities for our area

54 Tim June 4, 2014 at 10:42 am

More good news for the area.

Need to have more and better jobs available in the Pee Dee region. News like this is always welcome.

55 Jon June 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm
56 Jon June 3, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Construction on Cashua may be the new site for the New Spring Church
They usually hold services at the Civic Center, but they had something in the paper a few months ago about moving to a permanent location on that side of Cashua Street.

57 Lou June 3, 2014 at 7:12 pm

According to indeed.com, Cookout is planning a second location. Anyone know where that might be? Also, there’s some construction going on at the tennis complex on the Hwy. 52 end of Cashua. Anyone know anything about that?

58 Jamie June 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Where is proof that Bonefish isn’t coming?

59 Fran June 3, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Tim..that is wonderful news for Florence!

Ok..anyone? I see Bone Fish Grill pulled out but any news on Panera Bread? I’ve seen commercials on tv for them since they announced but all the buildings by Academy have Available on them? Please don’t tell me they pulled out also!

60 Tim June 3, 2014 at 8:43 am

Great news on the jobs front for Florence. I’m assuming this was the mysterious Project R that was talked about a few months ago.

61 real pee dee news June 2, 2014 at 11:33 am

dave and busters is looking into the florence market.

62 Lou May 31, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Thanks Jon! Mystery solved. :)

63 Jon May 31, 2014 at 10:52 pm

You can go to Preit’s website..the owners of Magnolia Mall…and they have the site plan and it says a drive up ATM.

64 Lou May 31, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Hmmm. It doesn’t look like one but maybe they aren’t done with it yet.

65 jon May 31, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Drive up ATM between Chipotle and IHOP

66 Lou May 30, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Between IHOP and Chipotle restaurant, there is this little area that reminds me of a weigh station/rest area for trucks on the interstate. Does anyone happen to know what it is?

67 ron May 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm

ive learned today that a murphys usa will be going in the old percy n willies location.they build their sites with a kit building,so that site will probably come up very quickly

68 real pee dee news May 28, 2014 at 11:36 am

HiWire is coming to Florence…its an indoor trampoline park.

69 Lou May 26, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Ah man! No Bonefish Grill? Bummer.

70 Tim May 25, 2014 at 10:01 am

@Monica, I’ve heard multiple things on that site. The latest is a convenience store/gas station with a Bojangles inside. I’ve also heard that it might be a CVS pharmacy. On a related note, Bonefish Grill is not coming to Florence as previously announced.

71 Monica May 25, 2014 at 7:21 am

Just saw yesterday that the old Percy and Willie’s has been knocked down? Anyone know what’s going to go there? Hopefully they can fix that intersection, too.

72 Michael E. May 22, 2014 at 9:34 am

@Tim that is going to be Conn’s Home Entertainment.

73 Tim May 22, 2014 at 8:33 am

Anyone know what is going in next to Badcock Furniture in the mall across from Magnolia Mall? Brand new store-front façade and all.

74 Bryan May 20, 2014 at 10:40 pm

My understanding is that the location at Irby and Cherokee is going to be another Walgreens. I really wish they would put it Downtown. Has anyone heard anything about a highrise going up downtown, I was reading somewhere that one is being planned.

75 Jerry May 20, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Beside Holiday In on Radio Drive…Proposed..The Park at Westside. Commercial and office space avaliable

76 Ryan May 18, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Jerry, you’ve got me curious! I will be riding by to see.

77 Jerry May 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm

What’s going up behind the Holiday Inn on W Radio Drive behind the holiday Inn…there is a sign up saying coming soon if I read correctly..

78 lovette May 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm

what is going on at the old Saverance Dealership on Irby and Cherokee?

79 Lou May 10, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I think Bill Travis is who owns Wholly Smokin.

80 Charles May 10, 2014 at 12:37 am

1031 was very good and quite busy. It needs to be a bit bigger, because not everyone wants to eat outside. I never ate at Da Massissmo but it seems every restaurant/ bar that has gone there hasn’t lasted long so I worry about Wholly Smokin’. I heard Bill Travis formerly of Victors will be doing some cooking at Wholly once it moves downtown. And it is true that Stefanos is opening a second location in the old Athens location based on some distributor info.

81 real pee dee news May 9, 2014 at 11:26 am

yes in Florence. Old Athens building on Celebration to be exact. That would be awesome! Also I heard that Bonefish may not happen.

82 Fran May 9, 2014 at 11:12 am

real pee dee news…a couple years ago I was told when we were in there they were opening a 2nd place either in Conway or down by the shore somewhere. I thought it happened but not sure. You talking about around here/Florence?

83 real pee dee news May 9, 2014 at 10:55 am

Anyone hear that Stefanos is adding a second location?

84 Scot May 9, 2014 at 10:32 am

That certainly escalated quickly.

85 Lou May 8, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Oh Good! I knew they were owned by the same group that owned Outback but didn’t know that about Bonefish Grill so you’ve given me more hope Fran! :)

86 Fran May 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Lou…I haven’t heard anything but since Outback and now Bone Fish are going to be here and they are all sister companies of Carraba’s, who knows. We might just get one and I agree, I’d love to see one here.

87 Lou May 7, 2014 at 10:31 pm

So….on to the next subject. :) Has anyone heard anything about maybe a Carraba’s coming to Florence? Not saying I have but sure would like to see one. And I agree with you Fran about a nice Irish Pub. Something different like that would be great.

88 Ryan May 7, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I agree with Lou and Fran. I thought nothing of Tim’s comment until there was so much outrage.

89 Melanie May 7, 2014 at 11:37 am

Thank you, Bob. Max and Jennifer are good friends of mine but that is beside the point. I don’t care who they are. All I know is if someone was saying they heard from a “reliable” source that I didn’t pay my bills, I would pitch a fit. The fact that Max and Jennifer haven’t done that says a lot to me about their character. How “reliable” is a source who tells someone an untruth? Why would anyone even post something like that on the internet anyway? People can be very malicious. It has been my experience that if you want to say something nasty about someone but don’t want to do it yourself, you tell someone that you know will…which doesn’t say much about those people. If the shoe fits, wear it. Tim, instead if justifying what you said, why don’t you just apologize to Max and Jennifer and those of us who are very upset by this? Seems like the right thing to do to me.

90 Fran May 7, 2014 at 11:35 am

Lou..I totally agree. Let’s just please move past this and everyone can think whatever they want. I for one love Da Massimo’s and am really sorry to see them leave Florence, for whatever reason. I am lucky that I work in Hartsville and have friends that also love them that will meet me after work for dinner here. I hope Florence can get another local, small business, nicer than fast food, chains and different than bbq or burgers. Right now Victor’s has the lock on that and I won’t go into my experience there ;) A nice Irish Pub would go good too!

91 Bob May 7, 2014 at 1:21 am

Lou, really I’m over reacting if you read it and it was one of your friends you might feel differently. No what I said is the truth straight from the horses mouth not from a so called reputable source. In fact Ive witnessed it myself. So lets just leave it at that no one has any right to slander or post any information about someone paying their bills or not. It ridiculous….if this was a monitored post it would or should have been deleted already. This blog is for sharing information about local businesses not hurting someone’s business.

92 Lou May 6, 2014 at 10:37 pm

@ Bob and Melanie…I’m sorry but isn’t this over-reacting just a tad? In fact, I didn’t even think twice about what Tim said until such a big deal was made of it and I’m sure there are others who feel the same way. And….aren’t you doing exactly the same thing, Bob, you accuse Tim of doing by your accusations against the landlord? I think it’s time to move past this and let it go.

93 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I am not sure you are understanding what we are posting. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FROM OR WHO TOLD YOU IT DOES NOT BELONG ON A PUBLIC FORUM!! Reputable or not you are messing with a small business with employees that need their jobs. How would you like it if someone was spreading untrue rumors about you around the internet. Please refrain from mentioning anything more from your so called reputable source.

94 Tim May 6, 2014 at 3:25 pm

@Bob, I’m not saying it’s true. I was reporting what I had heard from a reputable source. Because I could not confirm the information I said it was second hand and take it for what it’s worth. I have eaten at DaMassimo’s on many occasions and have enjoyed it.

95 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 1:09 pm

@ Tim

Definition of slander (n)

Bing Dictionary
slan·der
[ slánd?r ]

1.saying of something false and damaging: the act or offense of saying something false or malicious that damages somebody’s reputation
2.false and damaging statement: a false and malicious statement that damages somebody’s reputation
3.utter slander against somebody: to make a false and malicious oral statement about somebody

96 Melanie May 6, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Tim, did you know that people get sued for slander for publishing things like that? Their landlord did not renew their lease because they would not do things like he wanted them to. He is not a restaurant owner. Max had a successful business on Celebration and has had a successful business downtown. His food is wonderful! There are many people who went there every week. He must be doing something right. I am sick over them moving to Hartsville but I do think the downtown there will appreciate them more than downtown did here. It is a real shame. Florence is losing a great Italian restaurant while all these chains are popping up everywhere. Too sad. And Flossip, shame on you for not taking down that slanderous post

97 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Da Massimo has moved to Hartsville because they support their downtown businesses no matter who they are. They also are way beyond Florence in their ongoing development to the downtown. The FDDC has along way to go in their efforts and should have started with changing the atmosphere downtown instead of having parties.

98 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Yes it is true that the landlord did not renew the Da Massimo lease but did you also know that the landlord used their restaurant as his personal bar and fed his friends when they were closed. If you are going to post something make sure its the truth. Da Massimo also had a problem with their landlord sticking his nose in their business and telling them what to do. May I remind you the two businesses that were in there before did not do well at all under his “business acumen” in the first place. So why should he be telling Da Massimo what to do…

99 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 12:09 pm

@ Tim Perhaps you should not be posting on a public forum about someones character that says alot about you… How Dare you Sir!!

100 Bob Smith May 6, 2014 at 11:59 am

Test

101 Tim May 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm

DaMassimo moving because the landlord didn’t renew the lease. From what I heard the owner of DaMassimo wasn’t great at paying his bills. But, that is second hand information so take it for what it’s worth.

102 Fran May 5, 2014 at 11:48 am

@David We had dinner there last Friday and I asked Max, the owner, that and he said he guess’ Florence likes BBQ more. I’m sad to see them go but guess they didn’t have the business needed. Plus I’m guessing they are moving to Hartsville downtown cause its up and coming. I’d love to see Florence do that.

103 David May 2, 2014 at 9:03 am

anyone know why Da Massimo’s is closing/moving to Hartsville?

104 Fran May 1, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Haven’t been by there in awhile but just heard that Percy and Willie’s is open in their new spot.

Also, nothing against Wholly Smokin’ but Da Massimo’s is a lot bigger then their other place. Just wondering what they will do with it all. Personally wish a Bar and Grill would have taken over. We really need something like that to go to after a show at the FMPAC or Little Theater!