Academy Sports and a Cheddars cafe coming to Florence?

by The Flossip on March 6, 2013

in Things to do in Florence, SC

Thanks to two of my favorite readers (Rachel and James Harper), I have this image from Atlantic Retail
of retail space showing an Academy Sports as a retail anchor. It also shows “Cheddars Casual Cafe” if you go to their site and look closely.

While I ALWAYS want more locally owned businesses– I support ALL Businesses coming to Florence! Especially when they take over dead and abandoned property. This puts a business where the Pepsi Plant was. The peeps over on the “Rumors, Openings, and Closings” have been discussing this for a while.

Amazingly, as long as I have been doing this… I think this website is about to really have a lot to report!

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 David October 26, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Is their like any sign ups for that sport academt to join if is pleat tell me

2 Lou September 22, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I can’t see a California Dreaming coming here since we’ve already got Percy and Willie’s; they’re the exact same thing.

3 William September 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I see you have it posted on here about California Dreamin. What’s the latest?

4 William September 20, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Have you heard rumors of California Dreaming coming to Florence?

5 Christy April 16, 2013 at 8:51 am

I understand the desire for local business, but just wanted to say Cheddars is a great restaurant. You should give it a try if it ends up coming! The food is always made fresh and the portions are big enough that I can usually share with someone in my family and the prices are very reasonable. There is always a big crowd at the one in our city.

6 The Flossip March 6, 2013 at 11:42 am

Chain restaurants still bring jobs and security to Florence, so I am a fan! Plus, many of the are really good. I want to see us have a diverse mix of both– chain and locally owned. Also, a lot of chains are going towards using more locally grown produce which is nice.

7 Shannon March 6, 2013 at 11:07 am

I’m not necessarily tired of chain restaurants. I would like more locally owned, but they seem to fail more often.

8 Ashley March 6, 2013 at 10:42 am

Is anyone else tired of chain restaurants?!? So ready to see some local places open and use LOCAL foods :)